Whole organisation approach to embedding
literacy, language and numeracy
Strategic and operational support to
help you position the needs of learners in literacy, language and
numeracy (LLN) at the heart of your organisation’s
What are the benefits to my organisation of
accessing the programme?
Providers who took part in the Improvement Programme in
previous years have told us that a whole organisation approach to
embedding literacy, language and numeracy (LLN) has led
- improved learner retention
- better success rates
- staff teams who are more confident in developing
- learners gaining skills and confidence and who are better
prepared for life and work
The benefits include:
- Working with other organisations to learn, share and
transfer good practice across your sector
- Accessing one to one support for self-improvement on
specific areas identified through the inspectorate and national
- Gaining a real understanding of the professional
development needs of all your staff in line with the new teacher
education reforms using a detailed organisational training needs
- Participating in in-house or locally
organised continuing professional development for managers and
- Enhancing knowledge of how to improve learners'
experience and achievement by taking advantage of the specialist
expertise of development advisers
What kind of support is on
|"Involvement in the SFL Improvement Programme
activities is the single most important thing we have undertaken
this year. Extremely good advice and service."
Sheena Ledger, Quality Manager, Best
Initial consultancy visit to define….
- your organisation’s needs and priorities
- the scale and focus of the consultancy support
Ongoing consultancy support
- strategic planning
- development of structures, systems and processes
- professional development planning
- planning and delivering embedded teaching and learning
Final consultancy visit to ….
- evaluate the support, assess impact and identify next
The programme welcomes organisations where
managers are committed to investing the necessary staff time to
improve quality systems and processes for the benefit of all
learners. The Improvement Programme will prioritise applications
from providers who fulfil one or more of the following
- are focusing on developing their capacity to deliver effective
Who is the contact in my region for
further information and guidance?
How do I apply for
Regretably applications for this year are now closed (May
09). Please visit the site again for updates.
Read about Integrating the Health Check for
delivering a whole organisational approach to Skills for